Health insurance can be complicated. Our specialists make it easier.
- Help you evaluate your current coverage to ensure it covers your medical needs
- Assist you with applying for AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), to help pay for doctor visits and prescription drugs, or ADAP Plus Insurance Continuation (APIC), to help individuals by paying their monthly premiums
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful enrollment into health insurance
- Help you complete other applications for housing, Department of Social Services (DSS), and treatment programs
- Work with service providers to obtain the required documentation for applications
- Advocate on your behalf with health insurance providers
- Provide referrals to supportive services including case management
- Provide follow-up care after enrollment to ensure delivery of plan benefits and address any issues that arise
- Communicate about complex insurance issues in a way that is easy to understand
The continuous enrollment condition of Medicaid has ended. States can now terminate Medicaid enrollment for individuals no longer eligible. These changes will affect NYS Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and the Essential Plan. If you are enrolled in our Medicaid Health Home Program and looking for assistance with your Medicaid recertification, please get in touch with your assigned Care Coordinator or the regional offices where you receive your services.
If you are living with HIV/AIDS, have Medicaid, and need assistance obtaining additional health insurance or assistance with medication costs please contact our Health Insurance Navigation Program or call 518-912-2231.
You may qualify for
- Dental Care (12 appointments per year)
- Mental Health visits (24 appointments per year)
- Viral load & CD-4 tests
- Genotypic & Phenotypic Resistance Tests
- Nutritional Assessment / Counseling
- Primary & Specialty Care Visits
- Coverage for 500 HIV-related medications
- Coverage of Anti-viral/Prophylactic, Hepatitis C, Psychotropic, Cardiac, and Diabetes Medications