Harm Reduction Services
Opioid abuse is on the rise throughout New York State, bringing with it HIV and STI transmission, and death by overdose. To curve this trend and reduce the number of drug overdoses, the Alliance for Positive Health started a Syringe Exchange Program, Project Exchange. Established in June 2015, Project Exchange provides new sterile syringes and other injection supplies, safe disposal of used syringes, and opioid overdose prevention.
Services also include:
- Education and information on safer injection techniques and safer sex practices
- Referrals to HIV/STI/Hepatitis testing, health care and substance abuse programs
- Free Narcan training and kits for opioid overdose prevention
- Replacement Narcan kits when needed
Sharps containers for needle disposal can be found at:
- Plattsburgh City Police Department – Lobby
- Wilcox Docks, Plattsburgh (off Cumberland Ave.)
- Green Street, Plattsburgh (near foot bridge)
The program operates out of our Plattsburgh office, serving Clinton, Franklin, Essex, Warren and Washington Counties. Office hours at the Plattsburgh office are Monday and Friday between 1:00 - 4:00 pm and Wednesdays between 3:00 - 6:00 pm. Ticonderoga clinic hours are on the first Tuesday of each month between 4:30 - 6:30 pm and on the third Thursday of each month between 4:30 - 6:30 pm.
For more information, please call our Plattsburgh office at: 518.563.2437.
Alliance for Positive Health
The Alliance for Positive Health provides a continuum of direct services to people living with HIV/AIDS and their family members. We also offer care management to people with other chronic illnesses who are enrolled in Medicaid as well as prevention programs that offer effective, innovative solutions that make a significant impact on reducing new HIV infections. LEARN MORE