Food4Life is a nutrition education program for HIV+ individuals that enables them to practice maintaining a healthy diet, learn to cook meals appropriate for their health needs, shop for food on a budget and link to community food resources. Participants receive a nutritional assessment, set dietary goals and receive food pantry bags, food vouchers and incentives based on their level of need.
A participant will receive the following during a period of up to 12 months:
- Assessment of needs from a Registered Dietician
- Monthly follow-up with Nutrition Educator
- Pantry bags full of fresh foods, catered to dietary needs
- Recipes for wholesome meals
- Food vouchers to grocery stores
- Group meetings with other clients to offer support
- Guided shopping with a Nutrition Educator to help clients make smart choices
For more information please call: 518.434.4686
*For HIV+ individuals only.
Alliance for Positive Health
The Alliance for Positive Health provides a continuum of direct services to people living with HIV/AIDS and their family members. We also offer care management to people with other chronic illnesses who are enrolled in Medicaid as well as prevention programs that offer effective, innovative solutions that make a significant impact on reducing new HIV infections. LEARN MORE